An insulated attic hatch cover is an air tight cover that replaces the existing attempts to separate your living space from your attic.
How do you know if you need an insulated attic hatch cover?
- Do you currently have a piece of plywood or drywall covering the entry to your attic?
- Do your pull-down stairs not fit snugly over the opening to your attic?
- Do you feel a temperature difference when you walk under your attic opening?
If you answered yes to any one of the above questions you may see immediate benefits from a new insulated attic hatch cover. Contact the Home Energy Detective for a home energy efficiency audit to discover if this is the best solution for your home.
Facts you may not know about insulated attic hatch covers and tents.
- Attic hatch openings are the largest penetration in the entire home.
- Insulated attic hatch covers reduce the load placed on the heating and cooling system in your home.
- Insulated attic hatch covers are simple and effective immediately upon installation.
- Insulated attic hatch covers help stop polluted, particle laden air from being ingested by children and family members.
Only a home energy audit by a professional energy consultant can truly disover the facts on your home energy efficiency and determine if an insulated attic hatch cover is the best energy saving solution for your home. Request an audit today to find out!
See project examples of an insulated attic hatch cover
This homeowner found that their attic steps were their largest penetration area in the entire home. The solution is an insulated attic hatch cover.