Insulation removal is the process of extracting insulation from your attic or crawlspace and properly disposing of it.
How do you know if you need to remove the insulation in your home?
- Have you required the use of an exterminator in your home?
- Is the insulation in your home dark or discolored?
- Can you feel hot or cold spots on insulated areas of your walls or ceiling?
- Have you ever had water damage in your ceiling or exterior walls?
If you can answer yes to one or more of these questions insulation removal may be a good idea for you and your family. Contact the Home Energy Detective for your own home energy audit to see if this is the best energy saving solution for your home.
When you take the step of removing insulation from your home you benefit in the following ways:
- You will eliminate a major source of particles (dust) in your home.
- You will remove the contents of your attic insulation, typically attic and crawlspace insulation will include living and dead rodents, rodent feces, rodent urine, nesting materials and bird and bat droppings.
Facts about insulation removal that you may not know:
- Insulation that is more than ten years old cannot be repurposed, it must be cleaned and processed in order to be considered for recycling.
- Old insulation can lose its effectiveness over the years through moisture damage.
- Insulation becomes dirty and contaminated as it filters air entering and leaving your home.
Only a home energy efficiency audit by a trained professional energy consultant can truly determine if insulation removal is the best energy saving solution for your home. Request an audit today to find out!